50th Reunion Report:
Believe it or not, it has been over 50 years since our class graduated from High School. We celebrated the 50 years with four reunion events the third weekend in June of 2013. They were:
- Attending the Filer High School Alumni Association luncheon on Friday, June 21st at the new high school. 13 classmates attended. When the 2013 Alumni Booklet is finished, it will be posted on this website.
- A Friday evening lawn party event was held at Carole Lookingbill’s home in Twin Falls from 6 to 10 pm. Click on the 50th Reunion Photos below to see who came and what a great time we had.
- Participated in the Filer Fun Days Parade on Saturday morning, June 22nd. Click on the 50th Reunion Photos below to see our float and who rode on the float.
- A catered Saturday dinner was held at the Twin Falls Center for the Arts building, which overlooks the Snake River Canyon. The Elevation 486 Restaurant is also located in the building. Click on the 50th Reunion Photos below to see the room and who came.
50th Reunion Thank You:
- To Penny Bernardi/Walden, Carole Lookingbill and Arlene Reis/Sande for the planning and coordination of Friday night and Saturday night events.
- To Wayne Fischer for coordinating the Filer Fun Days parade float and driving the OLD tractor; and for performing Master of Ceremony duties on Saturday night.
- To Dave & JoAnn Lohr for furnishing the tractor and trailer.
- To Arlene Reis/Sande for the banners and decor on the float and to all the classmates who rode in the parade.
- To Stan Mai for recommending that we schedule our 50th during the Filer Fun Days weekend.
- To Janis Bennett/Krepcik for sharing her memory books; having name tags for everyone, and bringing the Memorial Photos.
- To Karen Kirkman/Kierkeide for entertaining us all Saturday night with musical memories from our high school days.
- To Mr. Farris for sharing band/chorus memories and a trombone solo from our school events plus words of life wisdom and encouragement.
- To all who took photos on Friday and Saturday nights and those who brought old photos to be added to our Filer63 memories.
- Huge appreciation to Wayne Fischer for all the work he does to make the website available
The 50th Reunion Committee
50th Reunion Photos and Links:
- Click here for a link to Picasa with over 120 photos from our 50th reunion.
- Click here for list of who did and did not attend the 50th reunion.
- Click here for list of classmates and teachers who have passed away before our 50th reunion
- Click here for the 50th reunion weekend schedule
- Click here for the 2013 Filer Alumni Association Booklet
- Click here for the 2013 Filer Alumni Association Friday Lunch invitation
- Click here for the 2012 Filer Alumni Association Booklet
- Click here for our 45th class reunion photos on Picasa.
Use the navigation bar on the left to see photos from older reunions, as well as our classmate photos when we graduated.
55th Reunion in 2018:
The general consensus at the Saturday evening dinner was to hold some kind of a one night event in 5 years and do it in conjunction with Filer Alumni Association Event and/or Filer Fun Days, if they are still going.
Web Master and eMail Group Moderator
# # #